Wednesday, May 8, 2013

maxi skirts are my best friend

Alright, I am at about 34 weeks into this pregnancy and am struggling to find things to wear that don't make me feel more like a whale than I am pretty sure I already am.  But there has been a solution!  God bless the person who has brought the maxi skirt back in the last couple of years but they are the absolute perfect outfit for whatever stage of pregnancy you are in.

H is kind of hilarious with sunglasses.  =)  But I have to say this outfit was really great for meeting up with some other moms and their kids.  It was one of the first warm days we had in SoCal and the skirt was awesome to be able to stretch out in...or chase a one and a half year old.

playdate look \\ skirt: Windsor \\ top: American Eagle \\ scarf: i have no idea - it's that old \\ sunnies: H&M
This look was agonized over but I decided to go for it.  And I got more than a few compliments on it so I think it worked out.  I have been seeing a lot about monochromatic outfits recently and decided to do a not very strict version of it for this outfit.  The scarf and top are tan and pink respectively but are really close in shade so they blended pretty nicely and I fell in love with the polka dots on the skirt a few weeks ago.

brother's college graduation look \\ skirt: LOFT \\ top: Forever 21 (old) \\ scarf: Target

The best part?  Neither of the skirts are maternity and will continue to get lots of use once #2 makes her appearance!  Linking up with Lindsey at The Pleated Poppy  today!

pleated poppy

Have a beautiful day!

1 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a note - it means the world to me!!! Have a beautiful day and I hope to talk to you again soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...