Thursday, June 16, 2011

some things always hurt...

Yesterday my in-laws had to put down one of their dogs.  Buckie was a sweet old golden lab with a heart of gold.  He was about 16 years old and had masses growing in his joints and a small fracture in one of his legs.  So it was his time...unfortunately, it doesn't make his passing much easier to bear.  There was a loyalty, love, and winsomeness about him that made him incredibly...lovable.









He loved his avocados that he would fish out of the spa or steal from low hanging branches.  They made his coat so soft and shiny.  And I miss him so much already...

3 comments:

jaquelyn {mama thoughts} said...

Aw, I'm sorry...losing a cherished pup is never fun. :(

{{hugs}}

Renee said...

Oh so sad to hear this, I am sorry! xo

Kristin @ Petal and Thorn said...

i'm so sorry sweetie! puppies are such an important part of the family. i'm glad that nagels gave him such a happy life! my dogs love avocados too :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a note - it means the world to me!!! Have a beautiful day and I hope to talk to you again soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...