Tuesday, April 12, 2011

the reality of being a pregnant lady

So I am getting further along.  I am now 18 weeks and have a decided baby bump.  =)  I'll put pictures of that up later.  But right now I had to rant about a little something.

Now I'm not much of a drinker but I love pairing wine or beer with different meals.  In my attempts to be a good mom starting now, I have cut out virtually all caffeine and all alcohol.  But I made a dinner last night that just begged for a good beer.  So the hubby got one out for himself and then turned to me and asked what I wanted to drink.  I sighed and said juice.  I was a little caught up in my dilemma that I got a picture of our relative drink situations but totally forgot to snap a shot of how good dinner looked.  =)
I do like my cherry grape juice but a beer sounded really good too.  =)

But in happier news, we were able to eat outside yesterday which was thoroughly enjoyable and I quickly forgot about how much I'm looking forward to being able to hold my baby versus carry the kid around inside of me.  And I will make that dinner again and take pictures because it is an awesome and easy summer grilling idea.  =)

3 comments:

Megan said...

Congrats again on the baby friend!!!!!
I can imagine how frustrating it would be to not be able to drink what you want to drink when you want to drink it, but don't worry- it's just for 9 months!! ;)
PS yay for eating outside!!! :)

Kristin @ Petal and Thorn said...

I can't believe you are almost halfway through the pregnancy! I know I'll prob get blasted for saying this, but I did enjoy an occasional glass of wine or beer while I was pregnant. And sushi. And Siena is quite healthy!

Francesca said...

oh wow congrats :) that's amazing x

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a note - it means the world to me!!! Have a beautiful day and I hope to talk to you again soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...