Monday, August 1, 2011

make it better Monday!

It was/is another crazy week!  But that is ok - I'm realizing this is probably how life is going to be for a little while.  And I will keep plugging along as long as I can.  And I'm realizing that I look forward to these little "make it better Monday" posts because they give me some time to think about things that make me excited and happy.  I hope they do the same for you!

1) Garden surprises!
Moving into our own house at the beginning of the year was fun in and of itself.  What is turning out to be even more interesting, is watching our "garden" grow!  We have not planted anything except what I shared with you in this post but we keep getting surprised by flowers and trees and all sorts of beautiful things in our backyard!
these popped out of the ground right outside our bedroom window last week!  I couldn't believe it and they are even more beautiful in person!

the trees started flowering and are bright green and yellow - when the wind blows, it looks like it is snowing yellow in our backyard.  =) it makes me happy.

2) Adorable shoes
I stumbled across this shop through an Etsy email that featured the most beautiful yellow sandals ever and if they had not already been sold, I would have bought them.  Unfortunately, she does not currently have any other shoes in my size but I am going to keep an eye out because she has great taste!  Check out her shop!
I thought these were a nice second to the pair that originally caught my eye.  =)
3) Planning a nursery
This is starting to get to the fun stages - where I actually get to do something about all the ideas swimming around in my head!  And I was going to share pictures with you but I think I'll save that for another post.  Suffice to say, momma may end up liking baby's room better than baby.  =)

Hope you all have a great week!  Have a beautiful day!

3 comments:

Cindy said...

I'm glad you're having a good Monday! Those pink flowers in the first pic look like ones Tom planted in our yard, which he "borrowed" from his parents' yard. He calls them "Naked Ladies" because the leaves come up first, then when the leaves die back, the flowers come up, so they look naked. So don't pull the leaves up when you see them come up in the same spot! But you can dig up the bulbs and divide them and put them all over your yard.

ilene @ muchloveilly said...

those shoes are adorable - and yay for nursery decorating! have so much fun with that.

happy monday, aime!

Holly Knitlightly said...

This is a lovely idea for a blog post! :) Gorgeous flowers! And I love those shoes! I always have the worst luck with shops having my size, though! hehe. Can't wait to see how you decorate the nursery!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a note - it means the world to me!!! Have a beautiful day and I hope to talk to you again soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...