Monday, September 12, 2011

make it better Monday!

Hello all!  I have once again neglected you, poor readers.  I do have a sort of good excuse...sort of...I keep hoping that this baby in me is going to come out and play sometime soon.  =)  But so far, the kid is still cooking and simmering or something like that and not quite ready to come.  So this momma is trying to be patient and enjoy this time.  All my other momma friends keep telling me to relax and enjoy it.  So I am doing my best.  Reading, watching some television shows, cooking for the hubby, etc.  That being said, make it better Monday installations may be a little less regular than previously....probably more of a bi-weekly or even later event once our little one does make its entrance!

But enough of that - on to this week's make it better Monday items!

1) Baby is coming!
Now before you think that I am in labor, I am NOT in labor - yet even though I have passed my due date.  But things are definitely changing, I am getting more uncomfortable sharing my body with another growing thing inside of me.  It is a little odd to realize how big this kid is getting inside of me!  And I'm excited.  Mostly just excited.  I know labor is not going to be "fun" but I am sooo ready to hold this baby in my arms instead of feeling like a pack mule.  =P

2) Lunch with friends
Like I said, it was hot this weekend and our house is not the coolest place ever so we ended up going out with friends for lunch after church yesterday and had a great time.  A fantastic pizza and Greek salad from Stonefire Grill.  Hadn't been there before but it was pretty tasty!

3) Breakfast with the hubby
So I told my man that I wanted to have breakfast with him at this amazing restaurant near our home before baby came.  But this amazing breakfast restaurant is only open til 2 pm everyday and tends to have lines out the door from 8:30 in the morning on.  And these lines seem to appear nearly every day but 'specially on weekends which is when we were planning on going.  But my hubby loves me so much he actually woke up early with me (what with the baby and all the late pregnancy discomfort, I'm usually up fairly early these days) and went to breakfast with me.  It was amazing - you have to come visit me and I will take you to try this apple pancake!
we shared a bacon and cheese omelet and the most amazing, ooey, gooey, apple pancake ever...this picture doesn't even begin to do it justice!!!  =)  I'm making myself hungry again.
I think that's everything for now folks!  Keep checking back on the blog - one of these days, baby might just show up!  Have a beautiful day!!!

2 comments:

ilene @ muchloveilly said...

so exciting - the baby will be here so soon!!!!

Sandy a la Mode said...

omg!! that's soo great that baby will be here soon!! can't wait to meet baby!!!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a note - it means the world to me!!! Have a beautiful day and I hope to talk to you again soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...