Thursday, February 28, 2013

Project Pinterest 2013 :: Greek food!

I know it is getting close but I have not forgotten about my resolution to actually do some of the things that I keep drooling over on Pinterest.  And I actually did these two weeks ago but have been doing rather poorly at keeping up on my blogging.  So today, you get a double dose of Pinterest yumminess!

I had two of my best friends visit me at the beginning of the month and decided to make Mediterranean/Greek food for dinner one night mostly because I had seen these two delicious looking pins.

Pinterest via Sweet Paul
Pinterest via Annie's Eats
So I thought it can't be that hard to do this, right?  Well, I was partially right.  =) The first recipe, a feta cheese dip, was so easy and yummy!  Because we were doing Greek food, I had cut up cucumber and bell peppers to dip with as well as the pita bread that we had made (I can also see pita chips going amazingly well with this dish).  Verdict on the dip: excellent (read: make it yourself now).  =)

yeah....so we already started digging in but I had to snap a quick pick of the feta dip especially since it was amazing with this wine: Waipara Springs Riesling
Now for the pita bread.  I am going to be honest here.  We misread the recipe.  =P  So some of our struggles were our own fault.

I love pita bread, ok fine, so  I love bread generally, but can you really beat the deliciousness of warm, soft, barely poof-ed, pita bread?  So I saw this recipe and thought, let's try it!  Turns out the recipe isn't that difficult if you get the timing right.  Which is what we didn't get right.  =P  But I will make two notes on my experimentation with it.  First, I think the recipe could make more than just 8 pieces of pita.  And second, it is possible to make it in less time but you will have a denser pita because you will have fewer rise times.

Other than that, I have to say this recipe does make some pretty stinking amazing pita bread and I would highly recommend it - and read the recipe all the way through before you start.  =P

Have a beautiful day!

P.S. And if you want to see some other Pinterest projects that I have not had time to post about yet, check out my Pinterest board that has them all!

1 comments:

Epic Thread said...

Yum!! I love Greek food.
Jillian - http://epic-thread.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a note - it means the world to me!!! Have a beautiful day and I hope to talk to you again soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...