Saturday, May 18, 2013

the confessions of an only human momma

With the approach of #2's due date (June 14th, if that was your next question), I've been having some inner...turmoil...about taking care of Hito and how adding another child to the picture will effect my ability to maintain my pursuits...and the house...and life.  This inner searching has been helpful and unsettling at the same time.  Maybe it is just a different version of the nerves I dealt with before H came.  Either way, I thought I would share them in case any other mommas need a little boost - because as anxious as I may be, I know that things will work out.

Will I be able to balance spending time with two kids?
Will I be able to adequately take care of my husband and his needs while juggling two kids?
Will I be able to pursue the jobs/goals/tasks that I see God opening up for me?
Will we be able to train our children in the nurture and admonition of the Lord?
Is my behavior modeling Christ or making Him harder to see?

I don't have answers for these questions at the moment.  But somehow, I'm ok with that now.  Having written them down and being aware that I will shortly be clicking the "publish" button to share them with the world has reminded me that things will work out.  That doesn't mean that I know how they will work out.  But I know that the sun will rise, my children will grow, my work will go on, and my husband will be by my side the whole way.  And through it all, I have a loving and merciful heavenly Father who is only giving me what I can handle.

"...My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness..."
2 Corinthians 12.9

Have a beautiful day!

1 comments:

Kristin @ Petal and Thorn said...

thanks for your honesty! those are great questions to ask yourself. i'm sure it will be incredibly challenging, but so wonderful, and I have no doubt you will find your stride. when it comes to glorifying Christ, you will do that simply because you are a Christian. in your failures, sins and fruitfulness, you are displaying God's mercy and grace simply by being who you are, a Child of God.

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a note - it means the world to me!!! Have a beautiful day and I hope to talk to you again soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...