Tuesday, September 10, 2013

learning, growing, and super comfy clothes

This weekend has been a little chaotic.  But it was sweet, challenging, and oh so exhausting.  =)  Let me recap.

My little-brother-in-law is getting married next weekend but this weekend was mostly about my youngest brother-in-law.  My in-laws have a tradition of a graduation to manhood celebration at the end of high school.  They started doing it with my hubby and have done it for all three sons now.  It is an evening of men gathered together to share their wisdom and insights about life with the "graduate" who is starting college or heading out to the work place.  Since it is for men only, I wasn't there but it was sweet to ask my husband and brothers about it and have them talk about the camaraderie and friendship that was kindled in those sharing moments.

And on Saturday morning, I had the opportunity to go to a fantastic PR and branding workshop hosted by Audrey of Conversation Pieces and taught by Tracy of Poi Planet (Do you follow me on Instagram?  Did you see the amazing baked french toast that Audrey made for us?).  It was one of the most challenging things I have ever done.  I loved every moment of it because I knew it was what I needed to hear at this point in my business's life.  But let me tell you, I have not felt that much brain drain since I was working on my largest projects in college.  At the same time, I learned the most from those intense moments.  The moments where you don't have a choice but get it together and keep up or give up and go home.  I'm not about to give up and go home so I am going to keep going!

With everything I learned at that workshop, I am working on some changes to the blog and business.  So keep visiting to see how things shape up in the next few weeks and months!  I am very excited about some of the changes but also more than a little nervous.  =)

And the comfy clothes part of the post?  Audrey runs her business out of her home where she graciously invited us in this Saturday and she gifted me the most uh-maz-ing shirt ever.


Seriously, I don't even know how to tell you how incredibly soft, comfortable, and breathable this shirt is!  Let me just say this - buy one and you will never regret it.  Be looking for a style post featuring this top very soon!  =)

And with that being said, I am going to go try to catch up on some stuff and start plowing through the week and hurry up to my brother's wedding!  

Have a beautiful day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a note - it means the world to me!!! Have a beautiful day and I hope to talk to you again soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...