Sunday, July 25, 2010

What is this all about?

So I have read many blogs and there are more than a few that I really like.  And I tend to read the blogs of people that I wish I could be like (this is one of my favorites).

I think part of the appeal of crafting for me is that I can be an artist with a fair amount of anonymity.  Don't get me wrong, if someone really loved my designs and wanted to make it big, I would probably be ecstatic.  However, that isn't really my goal at this point.  I am an office manager who simply dreams of bigger things than the amount of mail I get to open in a week.  So I want something more...but I'm not about to quit my day job and go around applying for jobs that I am fairly certain I can't get.  But making jewelry and selling on Etsy is my smaller dream.  It is my shot at that something more that a lot of us keep reaching for.  And I can do it slowly, at my own pace, safely, and without significant economic strain from the comfort of my own home.

So this blog...this anonymous shout out to the world...is my expression of the dream I hope many of you will pursue - even in small and anonymous ways.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a note - it means the world to me!!! Have a beautiful day and I hope to talk to you again soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...