Tuesday, January 18, 2011

My Unintended Hiatus

As you all probably noticed, I have been rather MIA after Christmas.  I do have several very good reasons for this.  A few of them are as follows:

  • Visiting family in Hawaii.  My brother was getting ready to ship out with the Army and we all wanted to make the most of our last few days with him as a civilian.  =)  We had some awesome nights playing games and eating all of our favorite childhood foods.  ::sigh:: It made me want to go back to those days.  You know, the easy ones - or at least we realize they were easy now.  =)
me and my handsome Army brother  =)
  • Hubby started a new job.  This has been going pretty well so far but there are things that I wanted to be able to talk to him about and hear about and all those little things that happen during the day and things like that.
  • We moved into a new house.  This is pretty obviously the biggest of the three...at least in the amount of work that it requires to make it happen.  =)  We are renting a cute house near where we were living before but it is ours (we had been living with hubby's grandma for a while because we were trying really hard to buy a house with the market being so low).  But God had other plans and the buying the house thing hasn't worked out yet. But we are getting to play at it by renting this place.  I will take pictures and show you around once I get things more settled and put away.  I'm afraid the place looks very disheveled right now.  
I am excited to try this new year though.  I say "try" because so many things are changing so quickly that I think it will take me a little while to adjust.  But my goal in the next few days and weeks is to get caught up on all my blogging and blogging friends and to share with you some of the things that have been going on in my life since Christmas.  

Have a beautiful day!  I'm loving SoCal's 80 degree weather today.  Come and visit!  I have a guest room now!  =)

2 comments:

ilene @ muchloveilly said...

sounds like you've had a very busy beginning of the year! but all so many good things, friend. :)

Unknown said...

Well hello again! Glad you're back.

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a note - it means the world to me!!! Have a beautiful day and I hope to talk to you again soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...