Thursday, February 3, 2011

I have my own house but...

As I mentioned in my last post, the hubby and I have moved into our own little home just a couple of weeks ago.  And I have to own up to two things here.  One: this is the first year in a long time that I have not made up my New Year's resolutions.  And the sad reason why is that I was too busy at home spending time with dear family and friends.  =) Secondly, due to said lack of "resolution", I have been procrastinating a great deal on my unpacking and settling in.  My excuse is that we still haven't gotten all of our furniture (including some big pieces like the piano that is being moved in on Saturday) so it would seem somewhat pointless to put a ton of energy into the house just to have to rearrange everything.

But the lack of order in my living room and kitchen areas has not stopped me from fantasizing over what I would really love to have it all look like when I'm done.  And there are more than a few things that I would like to slowly but surely add to my newest endeavor which is my house.  =)  If I can ever decide which room will be decorated in what style or what color or all of those other details I have yet to deal with...

So let's start this wishlist. 

http://www.etsy.com/listing/25959463/watermarked-8x12-fine-art-print-shell
I found these beautiful prints in my jaunt around Etsy looking for things that I will drool over in my house.  And I feel in love with how feminine these beachy fine art prints look.  I can totally see a set of three or so of these in a sequence on my side of the bedroom with a more masculine set of prints on the hubby's side.  Pretty cute, huh?


 I don't know how else to describe what I think of this bench but I LOVE it.  The color, the simple beach style...yeah.  Would LOVE this in my entry way.  Maybe...

Rug

It's so colorful!!!  I love it!  Most of the house is carpeted (which I still would put an area rug over) but with a nice soft cottony area rug like this, it might just be what my kitchen sink space needs.  Something to get my cold tootsies off of the cold tile.  =)

Those are just a few of my household wishlist items.  And I'm really excited to start slowly shopping around! 

Have a beautiful day!

2 comments:

ilene @ muchloveilly said...

i cant wait to finally get married and have my own home. love your wishlist - my own house wishlist is growing!!

Megan said...

How pretty!!!! I love that bench and that run is so cheerful!!! xoxoxo

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a note - it means the world to me!!! Have a beautiful day and I hope to talk to you again soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...