Wednesday, May 25, 2011

leftover breakfast casserole

This past weekend I was itching for a new recipe (and I try to make a nice breakfast for the hubby when he is home in the mornings) but couldn't find one quite yet that worked with the ingredients that I had in my refrigerator or anything.  So I puzzled through a few different recipes and came up with my own.  The hubby said it was good and it turned out not burnt and in one piece so I'm guessing we did pretty well too.  =P And since it was so ridiculously easy, I had to share it with you!


leftover breakfast casserole
    - 8 eggs
    - 1 1/2 cups of milk
    - 2 cups of shredded cheese (split in half)
    - your choice of diced fillings (I used ham and broccoli but there are many possible combinations and I'm sure that you will come up with some beautiful dishes yourself!)
    - salt and pepper to taste

Crack eggs into a large bowl (big enough to mix all your fillings in too).  Mix eggs, milk, and cheese together with some salt and pepper.  Toss the fillings in with the egg and milk mixture to coat them.  This quantity should be enough to fill an 8x8 pan (which you do not have to grease).  Bake at 375 degrees for about 45 minutes covered with foil.  Remove foil and sprinkle remaining cheese over the the top and bake for another 15 minutes.  Your bake times may vary depending on what kind of fillings you use - I used ALOT of fillings and it seemed to take a little longer than what other recipes seemed to be saying.  Let casserole cool for 5-10 minutes before cutting.  


And remember, I was making this up to so feel free to tweak the recipe - just share your tweaks with me so that I can try them next time I make this!  =)  Also, it would be really easy to make this the night before and just heat it up in the oven the morning you want it.


So this was our breakfast:


I'd love to know what other combinations of fillings you would try in this recipe.  I hope that if you guys try it, you'll send me some pics and let me know how it goes!  


Have a beautiful day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a note - it means the world to me!!! Have a beautiful day and I hope to talk to you again soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...